note: start video at 2:05 to skip live waiting screens
Parsnip Cauliflower Mash with Garlic Browned Butter
- 2 large parsnip, peeled and diced into cubes
- 1 head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- for garnish chives
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- pinch salt
- Add the parsnip and cauliflower to a saucepan and cover with vegetable stock. Bring to boil and cook for 10 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, make the browned butter. Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. When the butter begins to bubble and foam, lower the heat and swirl the butter occasionally, watching carefully so that the butter does not burn. Add the minced garlic once the butter is foamy. You don’t want to add the garlic too early, otherwise it will burn. Remove from heat.
- Strain the stock into a bowl and transfer the cooked vegetables to a food processor. Add ⅓ of the cooking liquid back to the food processor and add a little salt, pepper and butter. Process into a smooth puree, scraping the sides as you go.
- Serve the mash in a bowl drizzled with garlic browned butter and chives.
- *note: The last four ingredients in the list are for the garlic browned butter. See Live video for directions.