Waking up in the morning can be such a challenge. Finding something quick and easy to eat while on the go is even more of a challenge, especially for people like me who have difficulty functioning before noon.
Here are a few easy recipes to help get you or your family get out the door quickly with a healthy breakfast.
Eggo Bites On The Go-Go
These tiny treats can be made in a variety of ways. Here are a few quick and easy ideas that are ready to eat in 2 minutes!
1 package of frozen Kellogg's Eggo Bites Waffle (each box contains four packages; eight bites per package)
4 tsp or 1.5 oz travel size of cream cheese
- Follow the instructions on the Kellogg's Eggo Bites Waffle box to make eight bites.
- Spread 1 tsp of the cream cheese on top of each of the four of the bites.
- Sprinkle a few of the dried cranberries on top of the cream cheese.
- Top with the remaining four toasted bites; like a sandwich.
There you have it. Kellogg's Eggo Bites Waffle on the go-go!
*note: If you enjoy these delicious breakfast treats and want to add some variety, you may substitute the cream cheese for a hazelnut spread (such as Nutella) or peanut butter. The cranberries can be switched out for raisins or a ripe banana, too. With all of the different varieties of spreads and toppings, you can have a new breakfast each and every day.
Banana Breakfast Dog
This healthy snack can be made at home and enjoyed on your way out the door.
1 hot dog bun
2 tsp peanut butter
1 peeled banana
1 oatmeal-raisin granola bar, crumbled
1 pre-cooked slice of bacon, crumbled
Smuckers Strawberry Jam to taste
- Open the bun lengthwise and spread the peanut butter on the bottom of the bun.
- Sprinkle the crumbled granola bar on top of the peanut butter.
- Place the peeled banana inside the bun.
- Spread the strawberry jelly on top of the banana.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon on top of the “breakfast dog.”
Grab and Go Sausage & Cheese Muffin
This quick breakfast can be made the night before. It is a quick heat-up to eat on the go or when you arrive at the office or school.
1 sourdough English muffin, halved
1 frozen, pre-cooked sausage patty
1 slice cheddar cheese
- Place the pre-cooked sausage patty on top of the bottom portion of the muffin.
- Top the sausage with the cheddar cheese and place the top of the muffin on top of the sausage.
- Wrap the muffin in parchment paper.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds or until cheese is melted and the sausage is reheated throughout.
Two-Minute Scrambled Eggs
Wow! Who would think cooking an egg could ever be so quick and easy. Check this out!
2 tsp milk
2 tsp shredded cheese
Salt, pepper, and/or any other herbs to taste.
- Coat a large microwave safe coffee mug with cooking spray.
- Add eggs and milk and beat until completely blended.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds; gently stir.
- Microwave on high again, between 30-45 seconds until the eggs set.
Note: Monitor this closely as microwave power varies between models.
-Top with cheese and season with salt, pepper, and herbs (as needed).
A Bag Full Of Energy
A little bit of sweet, a little bit of salty... This easy mix will give you the burst of energy you need to get your day going.
1/4 cup salted peanuts
1/4 cup Ocean Spray Craisins
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup peanut butter coated candies (such as Reese’s Pieces)
1/4 cup salted pretzels
- Combine all ingredients in a Hefty Slider Storage Bag. Shake.