What better way to say HAPPY WALKING DEAD SEASON FINALE than with Brain Cupcakes right? Even the living can enjoy these brains! And since it's Easter and all, we don't have time to make them from scratch, so here's our 'from the heart' version of brain cupcakes to feed hungry Walkers! and non-Walkers alike
- Pink or white paper cupcake liners
- 1 recipe batter for Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 1 recipe Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting
- Red and black food coloring
- Pastry bag and large round tip
1. Line cupcake tins with the liners. Fill the cupcake liners two-thirds full with the batter and bake the cupcakes as directed in the recipe.
2. Mix a drop of red and black food coloring into the frosting to make it a pinkish gray brain color.
3. Using the pastry bag, pipe the frosting in a squiggly pile on half of each cupcake top (brains have two hemispheres, you know). Now pipe the frosting in a squiggly pile on the other half of the cupcake top.
by Craig Chapman